Brakes delivers Common Business Model with the help of DOT Group
“The DOT Group delivered the project on time and within budget on a fixed cost basis. We could not have achieved the integration quality without the strong support of their management and careful planning and delivery by the integration experts”.
With over 8000 committed staff based in over 70 locations, the Brakes Group is the UK’s leading supplier to the catering industry. The Group’s thorough understanding of caterers needs is underpinned by 50 years experience and a passion for innovation, quality and service.
Brakes, as a company have grown by acquisition and wanted the ability to integrate future systems without increasing the support cost and reinventing the wheel.
To deliver an MI solution that will act as a single, accurate source of data in a normalised format with the capability to ‘plug-in’ new source systems in the future.
The DOT Group planned, managed and implemented the Common Business Model (CBM) that integrates data from SAP R/3 and legacy systems in to a normalised, cleansed data store that would aid reporting via SAP BW.
- Reporting times shrunk by 6 hours – availability of Daily Sales & Margin reports before the sales force starts their day
- Data aligned to deliver a common view of customers, products, invoicing, stock across the enterprise
- Consistent definitions and terminology across the business and IT
- Reliable, Single source of truth that feeds reporting cubes
- Each Delivery linked to Order/Billing data to analyse vehicle utilisation, route and drop profitability
Applications: SAP R/3, Legacy systems, Spreadsheets, SAP BW
Software: IBM InfoSphere DataStage and QualityStage, Oracle 10g on HP UX 11i