IBM Aspera by Dot
IBM Aspera is the world's most trusted and proven file transport technology, capable of transfers at 80Gbps and beyond - allowing you to transfer an impressive 900TB in less than 24 hours. Using IBM Aspera’s unique and patented file transport technology your business can conduct ultra-fast large file transfers between any two connected points in the world – up to thousands of times quicker than using traditional network protocols stemming from the 1970s like FTP.
Aspera enables data-heavy industries – media & entertainment, finance, life sciences, manufacturing, retail and more – to maximise value from data by making it possible to easily share information globally. And by applying military grade encryption techniques, IBM Aspera customers know that every file transfer is secure. Cloud and on-premise deployment options allows you to bring your own storage and provides full control of where your data is stored. For medium-to long-haul data transport there is no better choice than IBM Aspera.
The IBM Aspera Advantage
- High-speed data transfer to move large volumes of data anywhere. Between your data centres, to any major cloud service, even to employees working from home, Aspera offers ultra-fast transfers without the bottlenecks caused by traditional FTP servers.
- Automated file transfers that can be initiated quickly and securely by non-technical staff keeps your business moving at pace.
- Intelligent bandwidth management maximises data throughput without slowdown – or affecting mission-critical application performance.
- The ability to share very large rich media files or complex projects with distributed teams efficiently, quickly and securely.
- Reliable transfer, replication and synchronisation of big data globally using wide area networks without costly dedicated links.
Free Aspera Review
Already have Aspera? Ensure you are getting the most out of it.
Dot’s Aspera annual MOT is a comprehensive review that moves through a 20+ checklist and at the end of it you’ll receive a traffic light report with detailed observations and tailored recommendations to ensure you continue to reap the full benefits of your Aspera software.
Includes the following check-ups:
Partnering with DOT Group for IBM Aspera
Dot Group is more than just a 22-year IBM Business Partner. We are the only UK partner that employs former IBM engineers who worked on the development of Aspera. We can help you design and implement a high-speed file transfer workflow tailored to your needs because of our deep product expertise.
Whatever your goals are, we’ll work with you to ensure you have a high-performance, futureproof solution that integrates with your current infrastructure. We’ll also help your team get up to speed on the new system following initial installation.
Hundreds of times faster than FTP and HTTP
Aspera automatically adapts to the bandwidth and I/O available at any given time, remaining resistant to packet loss and latency to deliver maximised throughput at all times. Aspera users report performance that is significantly faster and more reliable than their previous solutions while coping elegantly with latency and contention to deliver data quickly and securely. Repeated global tests have shown sustained file transfer speeds of 80GBps – far faster than any competing product on the market today.
- Transfer files and directories manually or automatically, or schedule repeating transfers
- Allocate bandwidth based on transfer priority
- Simple user interface for accessing all files
Versatile, ultra-fast file transfers with comprehensive built-in security
Keep your business-critical digital assets safe with Aspera’s enterprise-grade security features, which include thorough SSH authentication, FIPS 140-2 Level 1 compliant cryptographic module, and data integrity verification for each transmitted block.