IBM Aspera by DOT
Every business has data stores that continue to grow at an exponential rate. But in the age of distributed collaboration, organisations need a way to share terabyte-sized files quickly and efficiently. Using IBM Aspera’s stream-based, cloud-first workflow, your business can conduct ultra-fast large file transfers between any two connected points in the world – significantly quicker than using traditional network protocols or managed file transfer services.
IBM Aspera enables data-heavy industries – media and entertainment, finance, life sciences, manufacturing, retail and more – to maximise value from data by making it possible to easily share information globally. And by applying military grade encryption techniques, Aspera customers know that every file transfer is secure.
The IBM Aspera Advantage
- High-speed data transfer to move large volumes of data anywhere. Between your data centres, to any major cloud service, even to employees working from home, Aspera offers ultra-fast transfers without the bottlenecks caused by traditional FTP servers.
- Automated file transfers that can be initiated quickly and securely by non-technical staff keeps your business moving at pace.
- Intelligent bandwidth management maximises data throughput without slowdown – or affecting mission-critical application performance.
- The ability to share very large rich media files or complex projects with distributed teams efficiently, quickly and securely.
- Reliable transfer, replication and synchronisation of big data globally using wide area networks without costly dedicated links.
Partnering with DOT Group for IBM Aspera
Dot Group is more than just a 22-year IBM Business Partner. We are the only UK partner that employs former IBM engineers who worked on the development of Aspera. We can help you design and implement a high-speed file transfer workflow tailored to your needs because of our deep product expertise.
Whatever your goals are, we’ll work with you to ensure you have a high-performance, futureproof solution that integrates with your current infrastructure. We’ll also help your team get up to speed on the new system following initial installation.
Hundreds of times faster than FTP and HTTP
Aspera automatically adapts to the bandwidth and I/O available at any given time, remaining resistant to packet loss and latency to deliver maximised throughput at all times. Aspera users report performance that is significantly faster and more reliable than their previous solutions while coping elegantly with latency and contention to deliver data quickly and securely. Repeated global tests have shown sustained file transfer speeds of 80GBps – far faster than any competing product on the market today.
- Transfer files and directories manually or automatically, or schedule repeating transfers
- Allocate bandwidth based on transfer priority
- Simple user interface for accessing all files
Versatile, ultra-fast file transfers with comprehensive built-in security
Keep your business-critical digital assets safe with Aspera’s enterprise-grade security features, which include thorough SSH authentication, FIPS 140-2 Level 1 compliant cryptographic module, and data integrity verification for each transmitted block.