1. Data Privacy at Dot Group - Overview
Dot is a Data Controller. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we use and hold personal information. For privacy concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The purpose and grounds of processing personal data
Dot values your privacy. We comply with the Data Protection Act 2018 including the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Dot process personal data for the administration of relationships with our customers, suppliers, partners and others, to deliver in accordance with our contractual obligations.
The information we collect may also be used to provide information about Dot’s services. We do not send out marketing enquiries without legal basis, in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
What personal information is processed?
We may process contact information, email, addresses and telephone numbers.
2. Where we collect information
2.1 We collect information from you when you give it to us directly
You may provide your details when you ask us for information, attend our events, visit our facilities or contact us for any other reason. Your information may be collected by an organization we are working with, but we are still responsible for your information.
2.2 We collect information when you give it to us indirectly
2.3 We collect information when you have given other organizations permission to share it
Your information may be provided to use by other organizations if you have given them your permission. This might for example be a business working with us or when you buy a product or service from a third-party organization. The information we receive from other organizations depends on your settings or the option responses you have given them.
2.4 We collect information when you visit our website
Information about you is recorded and stored when you use our website. You may use our website anonymously, for instance through VPN. Be advised, your browser could automatically send information to our webserver (e.g. your IP address , date and time , name and URL of the accessed file, browser type and version and also further information sent by the browser (such as your computer’s operating system, your access provider, location, etc.). This information is temporarily stored in a log file. We process the above data for the purpose to ensure connection, a trouble-free experience and for security. The legal grounds for this data processing is GDPR Art. 6.1 b) and f).
If you consent in accordance with the GDPR art. 6.1.a), we may use this data and location and interaction data for profiling and/or marketing.
2.5 We collect information when it is available on social media
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies applying for social media and messaging services you use, like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or Twitter, you might give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
3. Cookies policy
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Our market research is a legitimate interest, this data is anonymized.
- Making the solution more convenient to you is a legitimate interest, we only process data of low privacy risk for this purpose.
Most browsers accept cookies by default, but you can turn this off. Complete deactivation of cookies can interfere with functions on our website.
We use Google Analytics for optimization of our website, which processes information about web browser, operating system, URL, IP address and the time of server requests. The data is anonymized and sent to Google in the USA. Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield so that an adequate level of data privacy is ensured.
The information will be used for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage for the purposes of market research and ensuring an internet experience tailored to users' needs.
Furthermore, this information may be transferred to third parties to the extent that this may be legally required or those third parties process these data on our behalf. Under no circumstances will your IP address be associated with any other data held by Google.
4. Your rights as a data subject
You have the right:
- to withdraw your consent at any time. This means that we may no longer continue processing the data based on that consent for the future;
- to demand information about your personal data we process. In particular, you can demand information about the purposes of the processing, the category of the personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data were or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, deletion, restriction or revocation of processing, the existence a right to lodge a complaint, the origin of your data, in so far as not collected by us, and also about the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and where appropriate meaningful information about to details thereof;
- to demand immediate rectification or completion of your personal data saved with us.
- to demand deletion of your personal data saved with us, in so far as the processing is not required for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, to comply with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- to demand restriction of processing of your personal data;
- to receive the personal data you have provided us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to demand transmission to another controller;
- to lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority for your habitual residence or place of work or our registered offices.
5. Retention time
Dot retains the personal information only as long as necessary according to the purpose of processing. In general, we retain the personal information for the duration of the relevant agreement.
You may contact Dot at email@example.com if you wish to have access to, correct or delete personal information we have stored.